When eating healthy, food can taste bland at times. I do think it is important to learn to enjoy the natural flavors of food, but using low calorie cooking methods can often leave something to be desired. I found a great article that pairs seasonings with the foods they work well with.
Some of my favorite seasonings are:
- Curry Powder: Obviously this goes well with curry or Indian food in general, but try sprinkling it on popcorn or roasted veggies.
- Cumin: Mexican food isn’t mexican food without cumin. Use this to prepare rubs for meats or season chili.
- Dill: Scrambled eggs with dill and hot sauce are amazing! It also pairs nicely with poached fish.
- Cinnamon: I use this on everything – oatmeal, yogurt, overnight oats, sweet potatoes, fruit, chili, rubs for meats…the options are endless!
- Ginger: This seasoning packs a punch and I especially like using it in Asian marinades or stir-fry.