Last week Emily, our Registered Dietitian, did a cooking demo/workshop on packed lunch and snack ideas. With an emphasis on convenient and easily packed items, here is the list the group came up with for snack ideas.
- Larbars, Kind Bars, Pure Bars, Rx Bars
- Jerky with fruit (can find single serve jerky bags at Costco)
- Cheese stick, crackers (Mary’s Gone Crackers, Triscuits (original flavor), Food Should Taste Good) with fruit
- Yogurt with fruit and granola
- Cottage cheese with tomatoes, cucumbers and sunflower seeds
- HB eggs and fruit
- Veggies and hummus
- Apple and almonds (or other combination of fruit and nuts)
- PB and celery
- Sweet potato with almond butter and cinnamon
- Super Charge Me Cookies
The guests enjoyed trying our….
Movara Fitness Snack Mix
1 cup almonds
1 cup golden raisins
2 1/2 cups favorite cereal or popcorn (look for cereal with less than 6 grams of sugar per serving)
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Combine ingredients in a large bowl. After mixing thoroughly, portion into snack bags with 1/2 cup scoop (235 calories).