I have a secret. I LOVE food blogs. But not just any food blogs. Food blogs with AMAZING pictures of food. If I could choose a different profession, it would be a food photographer. Food can just be so beautiful!
Anyway, I stumbled across this recipe
(click on the link) the other day and after one bite, I knew I needed to share it. I had been looking for a good oatmeal waffle or pancake recipe
. The boys at my house do not like oatmeal and using oat flour is a great way to sneak it in.
I did make a few substitutions:
- I used 1 cup whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour
- I left out the sugar and the honey (or molasses)
- I used applesauce instead of butter
- I used skim milk instead of whole milk
- Egg whites instead of whole eggs
I know. I had to go and make it healthy. But they were so yummy! I made 10 large pancakes each being about 100 calories. This is my new “go to” recipe for pancakes. Next time I will double the recipe and freeze the extras for quick weekday breakfasts.
Enjoy! And let me know if you try them.
Emily Fonnesbeck RD,CD