Movara’s Safety Protocols
What we’ll do to keep you safe:
- Upon arrival, you will receive a welcome tote with your name on it, a water bottle to keep, and a disinfected Movara yoga mat and strap to use for the duration of your stay.
- At the front desk you will receive your lanyard with a pre-made sanitized room key already in it.
- We will only be allowing 50% (or less) of potential resort occupancy to allow for 6 feet of social distancing wherever possible.
- The Movara staff will have their temperature taken regularly and if their temperature exceeds the CDC’s recommended 100.4 they will be required to be tested for the virus. They will not be allowed to return to work until a negative result comes back.
- Public areas’ touch points, such as door handles, light switches, and handrails will be cleaned multiple times throughout the day by dedicated sanitization personnel.
- There will be hand sanitizer dispensers in every building. There will be gym wipe dispensers in all three gyms. There will be wipes and hand sanitizers in the vans.
- Surfaces such as front desk, dining room counters and dining tables will be wiped regularly by dedicated sanitization personnel.
- The vans will be sanitized daily by the hiking staff. This includes the door handles and seat belts.
- Our housekeeping team will be wearing gloves and masks while making up guest rooms.
- Social distancing in our dining room and masks for our servers. We will be discontinuing our self serve salad bar and providing salads in take out containers until further notice. We will also be discontinuing our Friday self serve lunch.
- Our self-serve water, ice and tea stations have been adapted so that reusable containers or bottles are not permitted.
- Our spa will be open and the highest standards of cleanliness will be maintained as they have always been.
- There will be no classes offered where guests will rotate from station to station and share equipment. Classes will be structured so that guests can stay 6 ft apart at all times.
- We will not be allowing room sharing unless guests are coming with someone they know such as a spouse or friend group.
- The steam room and sauna will be unavailable.
What we need from you to keep you safe:
If you are ill or experiencing any of the following symptoms: Fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny rose, nausea or vomiting or diarrhea, we ask that you do not travel to Movara. We will reschedule your stay with no penalty or fees.
- Because of the unique environment at Movara we will be taking extra precautions to not spread the virus should someone get it. We’re a gym, a hotel, a restaurant, and a spa all wrapped up in a wonderful and close-knit family-style environment. As such, your temperature will be checked upon arrival and consistently during your stay. If it exceeds the CDC’s recommendation of 100.4 we will ask you to be tested for the virus. We will provide you with information on where to get tested in the St. George area. While you are waiting for your test results we will ask you to self isolate in your room and meals will be delivered in takeout containers to your door.
- Anytime where the recommended 6 feet of social distancing cannot be maintained we ask that you wear a mask. This includes testing in and testing out as well as in the vans for the hikes. Please bring your own mask, however, we will have masks for sale in our retail shop.
- It will be mandatory for all newly arriving guests (even if you have been here before) to attend orientation in order to receive all the instruction necessary to keep you, your fellow guests, and our Movara staff safe.
- We recommend if you are in a high-risk category; over 65 or a compromised immune system, that you do not come, but we will allow you to if you choose to.
- We will ask all guests to stay 6 ft apart from each other while on the hiking trail.
- Finally, with the onset of Covid-19 it has brought on a time of varying opinions as each person has been affected differently. With that, there will be guests at Movara that will be very cautious and there may be some that feel they are being cautious enough. We ask that you allow Movara to continue to be the safe place that it has been and offer no judgment. We want everyone to come and focus on their health and wellness goals and be able to concentrate on that. Please respect each other’s opinions, beliefs, and behaviors as you always do when you’re at Movara.
*All protocols and guidelines are subject to change as recommendations and directives are shifting rapidly.