Let?s face it, we want food to be convenient. When life is busy and stressful, food just can?t be. While preparing simple meals from simple and fresh ingredients would be the preferred option (with emphasis on SIMPLE so it?s EASY!), here are some packaged, convenient options to keep on hand. These can be added to meals or some are meals in and of themselves. We wouldn?t recommend eating entirely from packages as the sodium level tends to be higher. But we can vouch for these items that have recognizable and short ingredient lists and decent nutritional facts.
Breakfast – Remember to add fruit!
1. Frozen Steel Cut Oats (Trader Joes, Amy’s brand or Coscto)
2. Amy’s breakfast burrito and Evol breakfast burrito
3. Ezekiel toast with PB and fruit or mashed avocado and tomato
4. Nature’s Path Waffles
5. Fage or Chobani Greek yogurt with Nature’s Path Qi’a Cereal
6. Alexia brand hash browns
7. Applegate Farms breakfast sausage
Lunch/Dinner: Remember to add vegetables! *Can also try Blue Apron meal delivery
1. Evol and Amy’s burritos and Lean and Fit frozen meals
2. Amy’s soups or Stagg brand chili over potato
3. PB sandwich – Smucker’s brand natural PB or other natural brand
4. Applegate Farms lunch meat and hotdogs with Rudi’s or Orowheat whole grain buns
5. Wild Planet salmon and tuna and Costco canned chicken ? pair with whole grain pita and vegetables as a meal idea.
6. Brown rice bowls and canned beans
7. Alexia brand potatoes
8. Costco Quinoa and Kale (frozen) ? just add beans or other protein!
9. Kirkland or White Linen Collection Marinara Sauce
1. Food Should Taste Good chips
2. Larabars, Pure bars, Kind bars
3. Popcorn Indiana Fit Popcorn and Quinn Popcorn
4. Corn Thins
5. Yasso Greek Yogurt Bars
6. So Delicious Bars
7. Newman’s Own Pretzels
8. Mary’s Gone Crackers
9. Roasted Edamame (Seapoint brand)
10. Chia Pods
Dressings and Dips: Don’t forget salsas, mustards, oils, vinegars…
1. Trader Joe’s Goddess Dressing
2. Wholly Guacamole
3. Tribe Hummus
4. Butter Bean sauces and dips
5. Napa Valley Bistro Pesto
There you have it! Any we have missed? Leave a comment if so and we can check it out!