Have you heard of this? It seems to be everywhere lately and I most recently saw it on the Today Show as an idea for healthy snacks for kids. I had wanted to try it for a while and when my 5 year old asked for ice cream the other night and we had frozen bananas, I decided to give it a try. The result: Amazing! We all loved it.
- Cut 4 overripe bananas into chunks and place in a freezer bag.
- Allow to freeze completely.
- Place the chunks in a food processor.
- Pulse several times to cut into smaller pieces and then turn it on high allowing it to run for about 5 minutes. You may need to stop it occasionally and scrape the sides. (Watch closely though to be sure not to over mix or the bananas will get too warm and liquidy.)
- Once it is ice cream consistency (and it WILL get there!) serve immediately.
- Serves 4 (approximately 1/2 cup serving each), 100-120 calories each.