Like most of us, you probably hit the ground running when the alarm clock rings. Whether it’s tending to kids, racing off to work or going to school, your day starts early and is filled to the brim with tasks and obligations.
Your digital devices keep you constantly plugged in and distracted, worrying that you are missing something important and dragging you into a vortex of information overload.
But all of this productivity, multi-tasking, and people-pleasing comes at a cost –your mental and physical health. Not only do you jeopardize your health, but also you miss out on the joys of fully experiencing life. It’s time to take TIME for YOURSELF.
If you need some inspiration, here’s a list of 50 self-care ideas to help you begin a daily routine:
1. Let go of perfectionism.
2. Re-assess your priorities.
3. Amend your diet.
4. 10-20 Minute Exercise Daily.
5. Practice meditation.
6. Take a daily walk.
7. Prepare and eat a meal mindfully.
8. Enjoy a quiet cup of tea.
9. Get a monthly massage.
10. Give yourself a digital detox.
11. Read a novel.
12. Create a bath ritual.
13. Purge toxic people.
14. Create and enforce boundaries.
15. Define your values.
16. Communicate your emotional needs.
17. Go to a movie by yourself.
18. Test drive a sports car.
19. Frequent Good Chats (even if they’re with yourself).
20. Donate Your Old Stuff.
21. Seek out your passion.
22. Catch up on your doctor’s appointments.
23. Good Sleep Hygiene.
24. Get a babysitter.
25. Prepare the night before.
26. Get your car cleaned.
27. Hire a housekeeper.
28. Go to a therapist or coach.
30. Buy the shoes.
31. Get a manicure and pedicure.
32. Twenty Minute “Power Nap”.
33. Make peace with your flaws.
34. Help someone else.
35. Use essential oils and aromatherapy.
36. Listen to inspiring podcasts.
38. Take a yoga class.
39. Learn to say “no.”
40. Dial back your expectations of others.
41. Ask a friend for support.
42. Drink more water.
43. Cut back on alcohol.
44. Take up a creative hobby.
45. Adopt a pet.
47. Cancel plans when you feel bad.
48. Deal with your baggage.
49. Work on your personal growth.
50. Meet new people.