Peanut Butter Cookies
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
2 1/2 cups finely ground whole-wheat flour (soft white wheat is best)
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup butter or softened coconut oil
1/2 cup healthy peanut butter
1 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 tsp vanilla
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, beat the butter or coconut oil, then add peanut butter and coconut sugar and continue beating.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and applesauce to the mixture and beat again.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Shape into 1 inch balls, and place 2 inches apart, and flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
You can easily swap out a gluten free flour baking blend in place of the wheat flour.
Contributed by Kristen Harris
Kristen Harris is a Mother of 4 children, Culinary Nutritionist and a cancer survivor. Kristen is a healthy food enthusiast and hopes to inspire others to eat healing foods by sharing recipes that are easy to make, delicious, and affordable. You can find her on Instagram @eat_juicy and Facebook at www.facebook.com/eatjuicyforlife.